Tuesday, March 10, 2009





It snowed all day yesterday, but it only just coated all the wet earth with a frosting...very typical spring weather. My daffodils are pushing through the dirt and I cannot wait to see them bloom! It smells all earthy and fresh outside and there is this bright red cardinal is singing away in and around my garden today! The earth is all spongy and soggy with all the melted snow from the past months.



Here is a little robin I painted up yesterday... to celebrate the coming Spring.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing painting Diane. You have the gift. It is fascinating for me to read about the Northern hemisphere's seasonal change as I watch the reverse happening on my side of the earth! Oh and thanks for being the first person to read or comment on my blog - very exciting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane, I´ve just got to your Blog and I´m fascinated with your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mina and Mel! It's such fun to find comments to read, and to make connections. Hope to hear from you both again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so bright and chipper...beautiful work! The Canadian geese have just begun to fly over my house again and the birds have returned to the feeders! Yay!

    ReplyDelete