Saturday, April 18, 2009

The first of three new little paintings...


I love the "fraktur" look. You know, those beautiful flowers and animals etc that accompany those old drawn and colored works done in the 17 and 1800's. I read this book called; This Teaching I Present, by Hershey, and drew up quite a few of each. I use them periodically for other works, including portions of this blog.


ANYWAY...I am doing a series of little paintings of fraktur flowers...what fun! The one above is the original, the one to the right is the painting scanned and maniupulated with PhotoDraw with accented edges...I like them both.
I'm sure into orange, green and blue lately, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Orange, blue and green are such cheerful colours, I like your use of them here. Both pictures are lovely but I particularly like the texture in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan, for your e-mail...although you didn't say anything about my poor spelling directly, I realized I had spelled fraktur wrong when I read your letter. :) I was just too lazy to lean slightly to my right, and peer at the title of the book to check my spelling as I was writing my last entry...
    You are a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so nicely done, but as I adore tulips I thought I'd leave my comment on this post, great work! These remind me of a kind of Swiss art I see here, especially on old furniture.

    ReplyDelete