Sunday, February 21, 2010

My 40th Birthday Crown




I turned 40 in October, 2005. I had undergone some major...things in the years previous to this event. Needless to say, as with all major life things I had come out forever changed.





I am the sister to two brothers, and the mother of four sons...so I decided to celebrate my girly-ness with my own crown.




All of the decorations came from a favorite childhood book that was old when I was born.
That's me, the little blockhead, to the right.





I added letters from my two grandfathers written to me shortly before they passes away. My Vavo' lived in Portugal, my Poppy, in RI. Grandfathers mean a lot to little girls!










I stumbled upon it yesterday, gathering dust on top of a tall book shelf. I had forgotten all about it...like we sometimes forget old memories.. I looked all over it, re-reading bits of old letters, pretty nursery rhymes and beautiful pictures from that old book... I thought I'd share it with you. Have you ever made yourself anything like this as a memorial to better times or old sweet memories?

4 comments:

  1. I like to gather pictures together in an old fashioned album and just look at them and remember =) bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. some photos can really rent your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have some old letters from my grandfather that i hope to do something with in the future. your crown was a fabulous idea. thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I really like your blog site.

    ReplyDelete